As a mother of two and the owner of not one, but TWO Dock-A-Tots (Deluxe (0-9 months) AND Grand (9-36 months), I can say with the utmost confidence that every mom needs one of these on her registry. Yes, the price tag may make you wonder about it’s worth, but I can’t imagine life with a newborn or a toddler without one!
If you haven’t heard of the Dock-A-Tot, let me give you a bit of background before we get into why I can’t live without it. The Dock-A-Tot is a stylish and functional baby lounger that creates a small, breathable and safe environment for your baby.
Babies are in your womb for nine months so when they are born, they like small spaces that mimic the womb, like swaddles. The Dock-A-Tot isn’t made with any toxic ingredients and has been rigorously tested to ensure safety and allow peace of mind for moms like me who worry about EVERY thing. They are comfortable, durable, and worth their weight in gold. Can you tell i’m obsessed?
Anyway, whenever moms ask me about products I can’t live without, this is my number one answer, and here’s why:
- Safe Haven for Newborns: Whether you’re a mom of one or five, we can all agree that having a newborn can be tough and getting any other work done can seem nearly impossible. The Dock-A-Tot allows me to place Presley in a safe space where she can’t roll and hurt herself and where she is happy. At the end of the day, that’s all we really want; a safe, happy baby. I’m able to play with Hudson, do the dishes, vacuum the living room, all while knowing that she is SAFE!
- Easy to clean: Did I mention they are machine washable? Yea. That’s what mom dreams are made of. I have washed both of their Dock-A-Tots SO MANY TIMES, and whether it was pee or muddy paws (yes, even the dog tries to get in on the action), they always come out looking good as new. PLUS you can buy new covers so you’ll never get bored!
- Travel Friendly: We take our Dock-A-Tots EVERY WHERE. Literally. Hudson can’t sleep without it and it fits perfectly in a pack n play or just on the floor for a cozy place to rest his head no matter where we are. You can also get travel bags for even easier travel. They are light, have handles and an absolute necessity for on-the-gp or just dragging to another room!
- Helps with Transitioning from Crib to Toddler Bed: While your newborn shouldn’t be sleeping all night in the Deluxe size, the Grand is perfect for older kids who are making the switch from the safety of their crib to a big boy bed. We started by putting the Grand in Hudson’s crib and then put it in his big boy bed when we made the switch. He feels safe and protected, doesn’t fall out of the bed, and the switch was so much less daunting because he was already familiar with sleeping in the Dock-A-Tot
- Eco-Friendly: If you know me then you know how passionate I am about ridding my home of toxins. One overlooked fact about the Dock-A-Tot is that, unlike most children’s mattresses, it is free from harsh chemicals and totally hypo-allergenic. They are Oeko-Tex certified which means you don’t have to worry about your newborn baby’s skin soaking up any harmful chemicals.
I could keep going but I’ll leave you with that for now. The Dock-A-Tot has become a staple in our daily lives, especially since Presley entered the picture. I love knowing that both my kids have a safe happy place to call their own. The peace of mind alone is worth every penny, but the added luxuries of the Dock-A-Tot make it an absolute must-have for new and experienced moms.
** This post was sponsored by Dock-A-Tot but the opinions are solely my own and as usual, I only support brands that I trust with my babies and yours!