It is Real Nappy Week and if there is one thing I’m passionate about, it’s getting people to switch to cloth diapers. I’d also like to throw in there that every person who HAS made the switch through my help and guidance has never looked back.
You see, some people hear the term cloth diapers and get totally freaked out. I am proud to admit that I was one of those people at one time. But here’s the thing, if you are using them the RIGHT WAY, they aren’t gross at all. In fact, they are just as easy to use as regular diapers. Yep, I said it. So let’s talk about the top 10 reasons to switch to cloth diapers TODAY.
- Save Money For Pizza: You can get massive starter bundles like one from Little Lamb Nappies for a one time price and never need to buy another diaper again. Ph, and you can RE-USE them with your second, third, and tenth kid! Think of how many pizzas…I mean pairs of shoes you could get with that kind of money!
- Save The Earth: More babies means more diapers means more TONS of soiled diapers going into landfills. Even if you are using cloth part-time you could be making a difference for the environment; and a big one! According to Real Nappy Week 2017 stats, one family switching from regular diapers to cloth diapers could make up to a 40% carbon savings. It’s the little things, people!
- Say NO To Nasty Chemicals: Between the scents, dyes and absorbing “crystals” I think we can all agree that these things are FAR from natural. For a generation so focused on natural and organic ingredients, WHY do we feel safe putting chemicals on our babies genitalia?? Personally, I like the knowledge that my babes bum is covered in Okeo-tex certified bamboo yarn.
- Say Yes To Adorable Fluffy Bums: The fun designs, the bright colors and the cuteness that can only be described as fluffy…cloth diapers are definitely winning in the fashion department.
- Say Buh-Bye To Diaper Rash: Skin irritations and rashes are often from chemicals and dyes in diapers so when you say hello to natural materials you’ll also say bye-bye to those dreaded rashes.
- No More Smelly House: I’m not saying your house smells, but we are all familiar with the dirty diaper pail smell. Even the best diaper genie can’t always hide the biggest blowouts. When you’re using cloth diapers, you’re washing them so they don’t stack up.
- They Aren’t Gross: The biggest question I get is about how you clean the poo off of cloth diapers. First of all you have liners that you can literally take out and flush down the toilet with the poo inside which is no different than changing a diaper. If you do have a blow out or just don’t like using the liners like me, then get a sprayer that attaches to your toilet and bam. You never have to touch or see the poo again.
- They ARE Easy: While I understand that the thought of cloth diapers can seem overwhelming, I’m here to tell you they are not scary. There are so many resources and if you start with a starter kit then you get EVERY THING you need to make the switch a success from the diapers to the bucket to put them in.
- Try Before You Buy With Little Lamb Nappies: I am obsessed with Little Lamb Nappies (see my post on their diapers here) and even more obsessed with their mission which is to get as many people using cloth diapers as they can. It’s not about the money to them, it’s about getting people changing the way they see diapers which is why they are running a 6 week challenge and letting people try their starter kit for 6 weeks and then send it back if they hate them (mostly because they know that once people give these bad boys a try, there’s no looking back). Oh, and they are a family run business who provide you with all the information you need to succeed with cloth diapers including how to use them and how to clean them. That, my mama friends, is called dedication and something you won’t get from Pampers. Find out more about what they stand for, here.
- Happy Baby, Happy Mommy: So let’s see here, your baby is more comfortable, you save money, you save the earth, you don’t worry about diaper rash and your baby looks hella cute in his/her styling diapers. OH, and you can try them out risk free. Now, someone tell me what’s holding you back!!
Let me know what questions you have about cloth diapers and what has been holding you back and I will FIND you an answer. If you want to jump into cloth but just feel overwhelmed, message me and let’s chat. If it’s the “my husband would never do it,” excuse, I dare you to talk to him about it tonight. If you don’t want to wash the diapers then look into washing services in your area. People, give cloth a chance. That’s what this is all about!
I have partnered with Little Lamb Nappies to create this post, but as always, thoughts and opinions are my own and based on truthful and real life experimentation and love of their product!